Thursday, September 22, 2011

It's About Relationship

We all sat down completely energized to start the week and Sonja says, 'How does it feel to be in week FOUR'?!  I laughed inside thinking God this is week two for me and I am still in shell shock.  Only you know how to accelerate my acclimation to be in step with the rest of this group. 

It's easy to do almost anything for a week especially when it is something you like.  As the days go on I realize I have 9 MONTHS of doing this!  Nine months with this amazing group of people.  That means we are truly going to be building relationship and growing and stretching together.  It's not going to be like those three day events where you spill your guts, get cleansed, set on fire and then leave those people you did all that with to go back to the comfortable ordinary life.  No no, this IS now the normal, intentionally extraordinary, uncomfortable yet safe place to be.  Maybe because of where I have been I keep waiting for stress or distrust or...something to break out.  With each hour with this group that passes I find that is not happening.  When they say this is a safe place to gather and stretch, they mean it and we are learning to create that culture outside the four walls of the building we are in.

Everything we are doing right now is to learn the importance of relationship and the heart first.  As we go out and do life, we cannot do it well without first being connected to the one who sends us.  I hardly sit still ever and I have been a DO-ER not a BE-ER but I'm learning to love this new place :)

Off to class.  Be blessed!

1 comment: