Sitting at the breakfast table contemplating these ideas this morning, I was reminded of the Israelites in Exodus wandering through the wilderness. Ex 16, God has heard the people's grumbling and has promised a release of meat by night and bread by day. Just enough for what is needed at that moment with the warning not to save it for tomorrow for it will rot and burn away. He started talking to me about exactly this in the reality of today. He gives manna the bread of grace and wisdom we need for the day inviting us to take and use it for THAT DAY. He gives us MEAT at night. I am learning that dreams are some key times God likes to speak truth, revelation and insight to cleanse, release, energize and let us chew on in pursuit of him. I get great revelation through the day and hear him well but the night season is where the really deep things come; when I am quiet and still and my mind and defenses are pushed out of the way. It is in acceptance of the provision for today that God reveals his glory, for the Israelites as glory in the cloud.
What if revelation IS given for the day intended to be used fully for THAT day? All the grace, wisdom, understanding, provision IS fully provided for THAT DAY and more will be given for tomorrow?! And if dreams are treated as meet and not just tossed away as a thoughtless mistake of the night... How different life may look...
No comments:
Post a Comment